10/19/15

It's always hard to start something that you haven't been doing for a long time. I know because it took me awhile to decide what words should be typed as foreword. I have never been a good talker, I know how it feels but I don't know how to talk it over. Thank God, I'm --at least for me-- good at writing. So, you can assume that this writing, these writings, are how I express my feeling. Mostly.



TRUST 

I think would be the best word to describe how I (do or do not) feel lately. 


 

Everyone wants to be trusted, everyone likes the idea of being trusted by someone, important person, for the most part. But the thing is, not everyone wants to trust, not everyone likes the idea of trusting. Why. 

Human, that's why. We love to receive, we don't usually love to give. 

Now that I have come to a conclusion to this complication (not that you all will agree with this),
I think to be trusted, we need to provide people the reason why they should have their trust in us (give). Are we qualified enough as someone that can be trusted? 

You don't need anyone, to prove that you're eligible enough to be trusted. You don't need anyone, to say "Oh yeah, you can rely on him", "Oh no, don't trust him, he's not capable of doing that", "Oh yeah, he's a good person", "Oh no, don't, he's not a good person". No you don't need that. What you need is to earn, earn people's trust. By showing them what you are able to do, who you are as a person. It's good to listen to what people think of you, it's another thing to prove them wrong.

If you want people to trust you as an honest person, then be honest. If you want people to trust you as a good leader, then show them good examples. If you want people to trust you as someone mature, then act mature. 

Earning someone's trust is one of the hardest and most exasperating thing to do and thus, you need more than one time to prove them that you are good enough to be trusted. As my part, it's really hard to convince everyone that I'm no longer a 17 years old girl, that I'm able to do what I wasn't able to do, that I am now is more independent than I was. 

But I can always say that, I can tell the world that I'm not a kid anymore, that I can take care of myself, that I'm ready for this, I'm ready for that, I'm not too young for this, I'm not too young for that, bla bla bla. But have I showed them that? Have I proven them wrong? That's another question. Another conclusion. 

An ex-burglar could always tell everyone that he's a good person now, an ex-murderer could always tell everyone he has changed. The thing is, can we buy that? Without them proving us how they really are? now?


So everyone, the conclusion to so-hard-to-be-trusted issue is, prove and show. 

And the conclusion to so-hard-to-trust issue is, time and acceptance. 



Too young to complain,
Abigail June Papilaya

1 comment:

Danke voor uw bezoek.